Weidmüller’s new ACT20C gateway provides a greater transparency and preventive monitoring for equipment and processes. With its transducers, users are now able to obtain extensive information directly at signal conversion level.
The ACT20C gateway optimises user control by supplying precise diagnostics and status information on remote automated devices. With the gateway and communication-enabled transducers, it is now possible to obtain comprehensive information at signal conversion level via Ethernet. The data can be used from any location over the Internet. The Ethernet interface transmits important diagnostics that supports the rapid correction of system errors.
The communication-enabled ACT20C-CMT current measuring transducer can be combined with the gateway to measure and monitor AC/DC current. The new current transducer uses the RMS method (True RMS) to capture the real power consumption of a connected load for DC and AC current – even with distorted waveforms. Information about the connected load’s operating behaviour is also determined during the process. These applications also aid in the reduction of energy usage and preventable ‘wear and tear’ on the hardware because up-to-the-minute information is constantly being generated. These aspects reduce the customer’s carbon footprint whilst improving their corporate social responsibilities.
Other important features of the ACT20C gateway includes:
- easy-to-adjust input and output ranges,
- an input measurement range of 0 to 5/10 A AC (RMS) or DC,
- an input frequency of AC 15 to 700 hz,
- an output voltage of 0 to 5 V, 0 to 10 V, -5 to 5 V, -10 to +10 V and an output current of 0 to 20 mA, 4 to20 mA, -20v to 20 mA,
- the transducer offers multiple options for individual settings,
- a relay output for limit value alarms with switching threshold, delay and hysteresis,
- multiple threshold monitoring facilitates the precise definition of a range of alarm situations with main and secondary alarms,
- an alarm delay time that can be configured at any position in the range from 0 to 180 seconds,
- galvanic four-way isolation and an impulse withstand voltage of 6.4 kV pursuant to IEC 61010-2-201 with a guarantee a high level of process reliability,
- two variant models available.
These features ensure that the ACT20 gateway is a crucial piece of industry technology to own. For further information visit www.weidmuller.co.uk