CRU is delighted to hold the 8th CRU World Optical Fibre & Cable Conference in Europe for the first time. Prysmian, one of the largest electrical cable and optical fibre producers for use in the energy and telecom sectors, is set to host the gathering in Milan.
This strategic event attracts telecom network executives, manufacturers, solution providers, and industry innovators from the optical fibre community. This year marks a return to a live, in-person gathering following two years of successful virtual meetings.
Since its inception in 2015, the conference has been supported by many of the world’s leading fibre and cable producers, including YOFC and Futong Group in China and Corning, when the event was taken to the US in 2019.
Attendees value the excellent networking opportunities with hard-to-reach decision-makers and the chance to hear key insights on the challenges and market trends shaping the industry.
Michael Finch, CRU’s Head of Wire and Cable Analysis, comments: “Despite robust growth for optical cable demand over the coming five years, the industry faces a number of significant challenges threatening to disrupt the rapid scale of growth and ability to meet this demand. The persistent issue of a tight labour market is now beginning to constrain cable deployment in the US, which may also rollover to the European market in the coming quarters. Other challenges relate to raw material supply constraints, rising input costs and elevated deployment costs – again all acting as notable headwinds when it comes to the speed of both private and public network construction.”
CRU’s World Optical Fibre & Cable 2022 provides the perfect setting for industry thought leaders to discuss these challenges and to look for resolutions or alternative ways forward. The conference is also the perfect springboard to present ideas, technological innovations and improved sustainable practices, which will help the industry to evolve, adapt and grow despite future challenges.
The three-day event will be packed with executive-level speakers and thought leaders presentations. Industry experts leading the discussions in Milan include:
- Philippe Vanhille, Executive Vice President Telecom Business, Prysmian Group
- Jan Bongaerts, Senior Vice President, YOFC
- Yunbo Li, Senior Engineer (Professor) and Deputy Director of Optical Transmission Network, China Mobile Research Institute
- Guangzhe Wu, Senior Project Manager, State Grid Information & Telecommunication Group
- Guangquan Wang, Chief Engineer, China Unicom Research Institute
- Anna Marciszewska-Jankowska, Director for International Trade Affairs, Optomer
- Massimo Arciulo, CEO, Linkem
- Seán Adam, Vice President, Market Strategy & Innovation, AFL
- Mohamed Nasr, Deputy ICT Minister for Information Infrastructure, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
- Vincent Garnier, Director General, FTTH Council Europe
- Volker Wendt, Secretary General, Europacable
- Alain Giraud, Director of Sales & Marketing, Rosendahl Nextrom SA
- Patrick Breinessl, Product Manager, Fiber in Metal Tubes and Fiber Optic Cables, NBG
- Peter A. Weimann, Chief Technology Officer, Optical Fiber Cable, HFCL Inc
- Adrian Amezcua Correa, Global Technical Sales Support Director, Telecom Business, Prysmian Group
The event also offers an accompanying exhibition showcasing the industry’s latest technologies and service solutions.
CRU’s World Optical Fibre & Cable 2022 Conference will be held on 7-9 November in Milan, Italy and will also be live streamed virtually.
For more details about the event, please visit: www.worldopticalfibreconference.com
To request a press pass or for further information about the event, please contact email@example.com
Read more about World Optical Fibre & Cable 2022 Conference here