Dow Electrical & Telecommunications is asking its customers to “Plug into Dow” to learn more about its innovation capabilities and complete portfolio of solutions for both power and telecom cables and cable accessories.
“Dow E&T has been plugged into the power and telecom industries for decades, delivering innovation and reliable, long-lasting materials science-based products and technology for the transmission, distribution and consumption of power, voice and data,” said Damien Polansky, Global Associate Marketing Director, Dow E&T. “We are focused on helping our customers identify their unmet needs – then plugging into our extensive resources to help find answers. It’s all about choices – and now we have the complete portfolio that allows our customers to choose the solutions that best meet their needs.”
This portfolio includes:
- DOW ENDURANCE™ family of insulation, jacketing and semiconductive materials for medium- voltage, high-voltage and extra-high voltage cable constructions that are developed to last for decades of service.
- DOW ENDURANCE™ HFDC-4202 EC MV TR-XLPE insulation meets or exceeds all global requirements including ICEA, AEIC, CSA, NMX, and VDE/ CENELEC as well as Russian GOST R 55025 requirements.
- The product also was recognized by R&D Magazine as a 2015 R&D 100 winner for its patented formulation technology enabling improved performance through extended cable life and enhanced reliability, while reducing total life-cycle cost.
- The addition of ENGAGE™ and NORDEL™ elastomers to Dow E&T’s portfolio enables us to be a “one-stop-shop” for polymeric components for MV infrastructure. In addition to TR-XLPE, Dow now provides elastomeric resins for ethylene alkene copolymer (EAM) and ethylene propylene rubber (EPR) cable constructions. These same elastomers also are used in a range of MV accessories that include separable connectors, splices and terminations.
- Our SI-LINK™, REDI-LINK™ and UNIGARD™ product families comprise insulation, jacketing and fire-performance materials for low-voltage building/industrial cables and insulated overhead lines.
- The Dow AXELERON™ family of solutions includes an entire portfolio of solid, cellular and coaxial insulation as well as jacketing compounds for coaxial, copper LAN/twisted pair and fiber optic cables.
For more information, visit our recently re-launched web site www.dow.com/electrical.
About Dow Electrical & Telecommunications
Dow Electrical & Telecommunications, a business unit of The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”), is a leading global provider of products, technology, solutions and knowledge that sets standards for reliability, longevity, efficiency, ease of installation and protection that the power and telecommunications industries can count on in the transmission, distribution and consumption of power, voice and data. Understanding that collaboration is essential to success, Dow E&T works together with cable makers, other industry suppliers, utilities, municipalities, testing institutes and other organizations around the world to help develop solutions and create mutual value that will sustain these industries for years to come. For more information, visit www.dow.com/electrical.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world’s most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow’s integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2015, Dow had annual sales of nearly $49 billion and employed approximately 49,500 people worldwide. The Company’s more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 179 sites in 35 countries across the globe. References to “Dow” or the “Company” mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at www.dow.com.
About R&D 100
Widely recognized as the “Oscars of Invention”, the R&D 100 Awards identify and celebrate the top technology products of the year. Past winners have included sophisticated testing equipment, innovative new materials, chemistry breakthroughs, biomedical products, consumer items, and high-energy physics. The R&D 100 Awards spans industry, academia, and government-sponsored research.