Molex, LLC is experiencing strong growth in packaging machine, robot manufacturing and systems integration markets worldwide. The company attributes this growth to an expanded product portfolio and customer base as well strategic corporate acquisitions. Molex offers complete solutions for implementing intelligent, on-machine control systems. The company will showcase its solutions for packaging machinery applications in booth S-5925 at PACK EXPO, to be held September 28-30 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“We are developing technologies that target the unique challenges facing packaging machine designers and builders,” said Riky Comini, director of global business development, Molex. “Customers that include Molex as part of the design process will benefit from our wealth of application expertise, allowing them to get the best performance out of our products as well as their own machines.”
Contributing to the company’s growth in the packaging machinery market was the 2014 acquisition of the heavy-duty connector business of GWconnect® heavy duty connectors —an industrial connector manufacturer based in Milano, Italy—by Molex European Holdings BV, a Molex subsidiary. GWconnect is a line of more than 6,000 products, including a wide range of junction boxes, multi-pole connectors, and connector assemblies designed for automation, robotics and other harsh-duty industrial applications, such as packaging machinery. The GWconnect portfolio aligns well with Molex Brad® Power and Micro-Change® M12 Interconnect Solutions, which are designed to simplify machine design, build, installation and maintenance processes.
Another strategic 2014 acquisition was Flamar. The Italian company designs and manufactures a broad range of custom cables for industrial automation, robotics, broadcast audio/video, and telecommunications applications. Specializing in producing high-flex, multi-core cable, Flamar has extensive experience in manufacturing high-performance, durable cabling for sensors, measurement, controls, robotics and machine drives. Flamar operates as a subsidiary of Molex Incorporated.
In addition to achieving significant sales and growth goals, Molex has multiple technologies that enable packaging machine builders to deliver cutting-edge products to their customers. Molex experts will showcase these products in booth S-5925: /p>
- Several soon-to-be-released Molex Brad® products, including:
- M23 Overmolded connector for motors. The short-head connector is shielded.
- PROFINET IO-Link Portfolio, which includes 2x digital I/O hubs and analog in+out converters. Applications include material handling and machinery.
- EtherNet/IP Safety I/O, which is IP67 rated for harsh environments and up to SIL3, Cat4 PLe levels. It includes 12x safe inputs and 4x safe outputs, has 2A for bipolar outputs, and includes a memory key. Applications include automotive, material handling and machinery.
- EtherNet/IP Roller Drive I/O, which includes 4x analog outputs (0-24V / 2A) and is 8x digital I/O user configurable. Applications include conveying and material handling.
- Brad® Micro-Push® M12 connectors: This product family is ideal for factory automation and industrial lighting applications. Featuring an innovative push-on mating interface, the connectors reduce installation time up to 80% compared to screw-style connectors and facilitate simple blind-mate connections in tight locations. Constructed without metal coupling nuts, the connectors provide excellent seal performance to IP65 specifications while reducing material costs.
- Brad® Industrial Ethernet Solutions: This expanded system now includes panel-mounted receptacles, including right-angle solutions, panel-mounted adapters and a compact M12 Cat 6a X-coded connector. Molex offers a broad variety of M12 D-coded, M12 X-coded and RJ-45 Ethernet products, including bayonet-style latching and the Brad® Ultra-Lock® push-pull connection system for quick, easy mating. The Ultra-Lock system is ideal for harsh packaging machinery environments, such as high-pressure washdowns in food and beverage and other sanitized plant-floor applications.
- SST Ethernet and Serial Communication Modules: provide faster and easier connection from Modbus serial, Modbus/TCP to Rockwell Automation and CompactLogix controllers. For more information on integrated solutions for manufacturing automation, please visit Molex booth S-5925 or http://www.molex.com/bradautomation.html.