Meridian Cable (meridiancableassemblies.com) has unveiled a new process that will improve their coiled cable designs for medical device companies.
For more than 25 years, Meridian Cable has made custom wire harnesses and cable assemblies for several industries, including the medical field. The company engages in routine self-assessments and new practices so it can offer the best products and services to its clients. Today, company President Bud Kinzalow is excited to share details of their newest process.
“For medical devices, we use TPE and TPR to make everything from safety jacks to bio-sensitive connectors,” Kinzalow explains. “With our new process for medical coiled cable design, we take the following steps:
- Determine what the coil cord needs to carry, be it signals, power or a combination of both. These are the “conductors”.
- Determine the environment in which the coil cord will operate: indoors, outdoors, electronic equipment, vehicles, industrial equipment, etc. These are the “plastics”.
- Choose the right conductors to carry the signals/power.
- Choose the best materials for the device.
- Work with the client to determine the best level of tension and spring in the coil, and how far the coil needs to extend.
- Customize the perfect design for the client’s unique needs, based on our assessment of the above-noted factors.
This new process enables us to quickly understand the client’s needs and manufacture the desired part with a higher level of accuracy.”
Meridian Cable has over 36,000 square feet of facility space and over 5,000 manufacturing tools across two locations (China and Florida), and that means the company always has the resources on hand to quickly complete orders of all sizes. To find out more about Meridian Cable and its customized solutions for any industry, and how you can quickly get custom coil cords, call 1-866-866-0544, or visit meridiancableassemblies.com/medical-industry/ and meridiancableassemblies.com/livewire-news/.