Osnabrück, GERMANY: At this year’s K show, Huntsman will be highlighting how its IROGRAN® thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) elastomers can help protect connections in some of the toughest wire and cable applications in the world.
Huntsman is a leading provider of robust, reliable elastomers used in cable jacketing in automotive, automation, offshore, healthcare and consumer goods applications. The company’s extensive range of IROGRAN® TPU elastomers for the wire and cable industry includes specialty flame retardant (FR), matt, and transparent products, as well as grades that are compliant with good manufacturing practice (GMP) procedures.
Huntsman’s most recent wire and cable innovation is IROGRAN® FR TPU – a unique family of halogen-free, flame retardant (HFFR) cable jacketing materials, which offer state-of-the-art flame retardancy, whilst retaining strength and fatigue resistance.
Key wire and cable applications for Huntsman’s IROGRAN® TPU grades include:
- Sensor cables for transportation
- Charger cables for hybrid and electric vehicles
- Power / sensor cables for robots, and drag-chain cables
- Geophysical cables and subsea umbilicals
- Cables for solar panels and wind turbines
- Cables for elevators, lifts and escalators
- Headphone and USB charging cables
- Cables for non-invasive medical devices.
For more information, visit Huntsman’s wire and cable experts at K 2019 at Booth 22 in Hall 8a from 16 to 23 October 2019.
Read more Raw Materials news here