Expert knowledge about all things cable is at the very heart of the Cimteq cable design and manufacturing business. In a bold move to share this knowhow more broadly, Cimteq embarked on an ambitious digitisation plan.
The aptly named Cimteq Academy was launched in the Summer of 2019 and seeks to help build skills in digital transformation across the global cable and wire industry.
The Academy includes a wealth of learning materials such as:
- White papers which offer thought leadership from Cimteq and its partners on industry trends such as Industry 4.0
- Case studies describing how Cimteq products have been successfully implemented across the globe
- FAQs answering questions on Cimteq, CableBuilder and CableMES functionality and best practice on software implementation
- Videos on Cimteq in action
- Elearning courses including a quiz on assessing digital transformation readiness
- Webinars on subjects that matter most to the cable and wire industry, to be accessed at a time and pace at the viewer’s own convenience
As well as being well received by its clients, Cimteq’s hard work in this area received acclaim when the Academy was recognised as a Finalist in the West Cheshire & North Wales Chamber of Commerce’s Award for Digital Innovation.
Ali Shehab, Cimteq’s CEO, comments: “This initiative is truly one of harvesting many years of experience and expertise within our team. As a company, we’ve always been committed to sharing our knowledge. Embracing digitisation in this way of course reflects our ethos as a company that digital technologies – particularly in relation to Industry 4.0 – can be truly transformational. More than that, the Academy allows us to give back to an industry seeking to learn, transform and excel.”
Image source: Courtesy of Cimteq Ltd
Read more about Cimteq here