Strong focus on execution enabling continued improvement in profitability
Double-digit growth in next generation technologies revenues
Paris, France, October 29, 2015
- Group revenues, excluding Managed Services and at constant perimeter, increasing 7% year-on-year, with notable strength from next-generation technologies revenues, up 23%. At constant exchange rates, Group revenues down 5% while next-generation technologies revenues up 11%.
- Continued improvement in profitability with gross margin up 50 bps year-over-year to 34.5% and adjusted operating margin expanding 100 bps to 6.2%.
- Fixed cost savings of Euro 126 million in the quarter, leading to cumulative fixed cost savings of Euro 872 million, or more than 90% of The Shift Plan objective.
- Significant improvement in segment operating cash flow, up Euro 144 million year-over-year bringing year-to-date total to Euro 247 million, up Euro 271 million year-over-year; reiterating Shift Plan target of being free cash flow positive in 2015.
- Core Networking revenues up 2% year-on-year at constant exchange rates to Euro 1,608 million and adjusted operating margin at 9.4%, up 90 bps year-on-year. For 2015 as a whole, revenues now expected to be in a range of Euro 6.8 to 7.0 billion and adjusted operating margin now expected to be at a level similar to 2014.
- Access operating cash flow at Euro 41 million, up Euro 77 million. Access now expected to largely exceed the target of Euro 200 million for 2015 as a whole.
- Successful completion of lump-sum pension offer to US retirees, with more than 30% overall take-up rate and expected lump-sum payments of more than US Dollar 5 billion; applying September 30, 2015 discount rates, lump-sum payment would result in an increase in pension surplus of nearly US Dollar 500 million; actual impact will be recognized in Q4 2015 income statement and will depend on discount rates in effect at the time of payment.