With a new IoT-based platform NKT is now ready to meet customer demands for smart tracking of cable drums and improved project management processes. This will annually save utilities, energy providers and installations companies thousands of Euros, improve the utilization of cable drums and minimize the risk of cable theft.
NKT is ready to revolutionize asset- and project management in the power cable industry with the digital platform TrackMyDrum that enables smart handling of cable drums. TrackMyDrum is developed by NKT’s digital hub THINKT Digital in close collaboration with German companies in the energy and installation industry to meet their demand for smarter asset management. Each year, these companies have large costs related to fees for delayed drum return, for drums left on or stolen from construction sites, as well as inventory management. All challenges that are easy to handle with the new digital platform.
– We see a great demand in the market for smarter asset management. With TrackMyDrum we can ensure an improved utilization of cables, less waste and scrap, smooth drum journey and accelerated operations of our customers. We simply track, digitize, document and notify the users of the tool of the entire drum and cable journey from delivery to return, says Oliver Schlodder, Executive Vice President and Head of Service & Accessories in NKT with responsibility for the digital hub.
Created by the industry
TrackMyDrum is a combination of a digital platform, smartphone app and connected IoT-sensors collecting the data needed for the smart asset management. Customer input has been a key element in the development of NKT’s new drum tracking platform.
– It has been an amazing journey to experience and enhance the level of collaboration across the industry. We started with the simple drum tracking idea that grew into a full-fledge project management tool to empower our customers. Now, they can easily get a full picture of the cable usage and the entire drum journey. All the features are based on the feedback and input provided by the professionals handling power cables and drums every day, says Veaceslav Driglov, Head of THINKT Digital explains.
TrackMyDrum is already in use at utilities, installation companies and cable vendors in Germany, and NKT is now working to bring the digital tool to even more customers in Germany and across Europe.
Key features in TrackMyDrum
- Smart asset tracking to know exactly when drums and cables arrive, which project they are aimed for and how much cable is left on the drum
- Rental period of the drum is highlighted and alerts are sent out to ensure return in time
- GPS tracking for full overview of drum location
- Geo-Fencing to reduce theft and lost drums with GPS-based alerts when a drum is moved outside of a pre-set area
- Damages on the asset can be directly reported
TrackMyDrum developed by THINKT Digital has been released on Google Play and
App Store. The Smart Asset- and Project Management tool is now available for download and usage by anyone handling drums and cables.
More information on site.trackmydrum.com